Woohoo! Congratulations to all those who have made the 100 blocks during the sew-along just finished. I had a great time helping Lisa and Angie host this sew-along and now I’m keen to see your quilts done. So let’s keep the party going and finish our quilts into tops or completed quilts. I really don’t want to imagine a stack of blocks getting relegated to the corner of your cupboard, let’s get them into a quilt top.
I invite you to join our #100blocksfinished Finish Along!
Personally I work better with a deadline so Lisa of @sweetlittlepretties and I are going to host the Finish-Along. This way my blocks will get made into a quilt and hopefully so will yours if you haven’t yet done so.
What you need to know
– Between now and the 25th January work on putting your quilt top together or completing the quilt entirely.
– Hashtag any pictures you share on Instagram with the new hashtag – #100blocksfinished. This can be any planning pictures, progress pictures, good pictures, bad pictures, quilting pictures, sewing pictures, whatever.
– There will be 3 categories for prizes – Finished quilt top (flimsy) Completed quilt (all the way to the binding) and Viewer’s choice.
– Post a picture of your completed quilt top or quilt between the 16th and the 25th January 2017. That gives you some weeks to work on your quilt. Unless you had it booked into a quilter then not everyone will be able to have a finished quilt so we recognise that some will be quilt tops and some might have completed quilts. Remember the new #100blocksfinished
– Lisa and I will choose the winners for the 2 categories and you are able to vote for the Viewer’s choice by liking their picture. It’s pretty much a given that you would vote for your own quilt, then go and choose someone else’s quilt that you think is awesome and like their picture. Search using the hashtag #100blocksfinished.
– Prizes are being finalised so will share about those when we have firm details.
You might have noticed on my Instagram account pictures of other quilts, no I am not really prolific, they are mostly client quilts from my business Sunflower Quilting. As my business is involved in the completing of quilts I was keen to be involved in the Finish-Along. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the fantastic pictures of the blocks each day and I really want to see them made into quilts.
So, as a quilter I am able to offer some of my time as a prize. I have marked off a booking time in March 2017 in which to quilt for someone who wins the special prize from me. The prize is $100 off the quilting cost for your quilt for a pantograph/allover quilting. Potentially this can halve your quilting cost. Due to the prohibitive costs for international postage of bulky items I am only able to offer this to Australian residents.
This prize is discounting the quilting only, not included are postage to me or wadding and thread. I will cover postage back to you, so there’s an extra saving. The prize covers pantograph quilting only. I can supply wadding at cost or it can sent to me to use. I will communicate with you to choose a design and thread colour.
I hope you enjoy the planning process for your #100blocksfinished quilt and I can’t wait to see the end results.
Enjoy your sewing time